Custom WordPress Plug-insPosted by Chris Garrett / November 16, 2010
KND have a long history of using WordPress as a CMS. We are continually extending its functionality and rarely find an occasion where a larger, more complicated enterprise level CMS does a better job.
It’s all about keeping it simple. Our clients appreciate that they can completely manage their website after a 1-hour training session. It’s cost effective.
WordPress extends its functionality with plug-ins and widgets. These are add-on programs that fit seamlessly into WordPress to enable it to do all kinds of things. For example, video galleries, business directories or even full-featured online stores.
There is already thousands of plug-ins available in the WordPress Plug-in Directory, which we often adapt for specific uses. But sometimes our clients will have a need for something completely new. This is where we come in.
We write custom WordPress plugins that enable our clients to have the additional functionality they need without having to switch to a whole new CMS.
Best WordPress Plugins for 2010
- a payment gateway portal for taking payments for Cloud based software subscription (recurring payments)
- Integration of HR profiles with XML feeds
- Interactive gallery management
- Custom forums
- Click tracking, report and advertising management
- Affiliate marketing solutions
- Project submission portal
- Integrations with eNewsletter systems (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Vision 6)
- Custom database additions
- Custom ecommerce
- Facebook Business page application management (V Cool!)
- eLearning Management and registration processes
- Forms management
- Video portal delivery
- Membership profile search and management
- Social networking tools including profile extensions and social media connections
- Google Mapping
As you can see, there is nothing that can’t be done. If you need your WordPress site to do something a bit different, we’ll make it happen.